Saturday 23 November 2013

Review: Baie Slings Trowen Ebony/Teal

Brand: Baie Slings
Type: Trowen Ebony/Teal
Blend: 100% combed cotton
Size: 5

I bought a beautiful Trowen ring sling from Baie Slings back in September from their debut release, and that beautiful ring sling has quickly become one of my most favourite, most used and comfortable ring slings. I adore the pattern and how snuggly soft it is. I was thrilled when I saw the preview pictures of this beautiful Trowen in ebony and teal, and couldn't resist adding a Trowen wrap to my collection. I was particularly excited about the fact that this one is a heavier weight fabric, at about 270gsm.
I must have been one of the first to order this wrap, as it arrived quickly a couple of days later, and I fell in love with it immediately. The black and teal colour combination is really beautiful and very striking, and I was thrilled to find it was just as soft and mouldable as Emerald Trowen. This wrap is also finished to the same high quality and is absolutely perfect. The scale of the Trowen pattern is slightly larger on this wrap, and the bigger scale works beautifully.
I love the fact that the rails are each hemmed in a different direction, meaning that there really isn't a 'wrong' side on this wrap. It wraps easily, and pulls into place nicely, and the softness and thickness are amazing on my shoulders! I don't find many wraps comfortable in a simple ruck, but this one definitely was. It is very mouldable and has the perfect amount of stretch, meaning it is very supportive with my heavy toddler.
I have to say that Baie Slings is fast becoming one of my favourite wrap companies. I've only tried two of their wraps so far, but I have been so pleased with both of them. These wraps have such a high quality, luxurious feel, and don't particularly require any breaking-in. I can't wait to see what Baie Slings comes up with next!


Colour comparison top to bottom:
Trowen Ebony/Teal, SN Marina, SN Maya, Okinami Sia,
W&W Jade Storm, Roses Scarista, Trowen Emerald/Ecru.

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW. That is gorgeous. I've been saying I'm overstashed... but after seeing this, maybe I could take in one more wrap. ;) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete